Happy Birthday To YOU! You’re about to turn 30, what are you going to do?
Entering the big 3-0 is one of the major milestones where adult responsibilities might seem a little more real, so here’s a list of awesome things to experience in your travels in your twenties.
You’re…. Worth A lot!
- Plan and save for a dream vacation – pick the one place in the world you must go to before you die and start getting closer to your goal to making it a reality.
- All by yourself – there’s something to be said about going on an adventure solo and the strength and amazing stories that come after.
- Road trip with someone you love – take your best friend or significant other and travel across the country and see the special things each city has to offer.
- Party in Vegas – go to a club on the strip, see a magic show or Cirque Du Soleil, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Enough said.
- Check out a National Treasure – revisit American history and go see something to remind you how great this country is.
- Take a foodie trip – eat your way across the country, or go somewhere specifically to experience that one great dish the city has to offer.
- Get an adrenaline rush – travel somewhere to specifically jump off or out of something and feel that rush of adrenaline.
- Take a “staycation”– discover the hot spots at home, so you can take a tourist to the coolest spots in your city when they come visit you.
- Find a retreat that speaks to your heart – whether finding a retreat to fulfill you creatively, or a finding like Yoga, find a getaway spending a week dedicated to something you love.
- Party with the masses! – go to Ungenita’s hometown for Mardi Gras and experience what it’s like to get down in the French Quarter with hundreds of people.
- Experience at least two different oceans – swim in the ocean of two different continents
- Hit up the big cities – be a city girl in the major cities and experience life in places like New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago.
- Backpack through Europe – live out of a backpack for a while and make your way across Europe in the ultimate Amazing Race.
- Go to a nude beach – embrace the beauty of the human body and be proud of what you’ve got and go to a place to show it off and celebrate it.
- See one of the Seven Wonders of the World – this might take a little saving, but it’s definitely a must see on the bucket list of life.
- Get in touch with your roots – go to your country of origin and connect with the people and the heritage of where you came from.
- Plan a getaway with your girlfriends – Make an all-girls weekend to spend quality time around your best friends and the girls that know you best.
- Visit the hometown of your idol – pay homage to someone you’ve always admired and get inspired by their life, city and legendary roots.
- Experience a Foreign Holiday – participate in a holiday festival or just experience the joy of locals when celebrating a holiday in a foreign country and bask in the immediate camaraderie.
- Visit an amusement park outside of your backyard – ride a rollercoaster or go to Disneyland in another country.
- Eat something you’ll never want to eat again – it looks gross, it smells gross, but you only live once, so eat a delicacy of a foreign land and live to tell the tale afterwards.
- Get up close to a wild animal – swim with the dolphins or have a close encounter with an endangered species and experience nature up close and personal.
- Live off the land – travel somewhere where you have to light a fire at night and be self-sustaining for a while.
- Travel somewhere for a Tattoo – if you’re bold enough, take a trip specifically to get inked forever.
- Attend a music festival – hit up one at a fair near you.
- Sleep under the stars – spend a night where you can watch the universe shine across the night sky.
- Live like a local for a week – go off the grid and experience what it’s like to live the local life somewhere, forget tourist spots, and just be down to live like the natives.
- Go on a romantic getaway – plan a trip with the one you love to rekindle the romance between you and remind each other why you fell in love in the first place.
- Visit family you rarely see – It might be a trip to the middle of nowhere , but reconnect with relatives, and create special cherished moments between family you hardly see.
- Go on a spiritual journey – think Eat, Pray, Love and go on a trip that gives you the gift of having a spiritual experience.
- Express gratitude – say thank you to everyone that made a difference the first 30 years of your life. Text, email, Facebook, Tweet, or Pin. Do it and you will reap the benefits of gratitude…